Ms. Independent

If you don't know by now, Ms. Zuri Wallace is now officially out on her own in the world. That's right, in my new apartment and lovin it. I just moved in yesterday with some help from the fam (thanks fam) and spent my first night here last night. I thought about having Paula stay the night, but she had her own stuff going on, so I stayed alone.

This is the part where there should be some story about how creepy and weird it is to spend the night in a place all alone, but I only wanna give y'all the truth. I was out like a light the moment they left last night. I was so tired. I had no idea I had so much stuff! I didn't even move it all yet. I still have half of my clothes and all the boxes in my closet back at the house. For the moment, I think those might be staying there. I have no urge to move anything else (plus dad had to take back the truck this morning, so anything else we move will have to be in his little car).

Now, about my new apartment...I haven't really got things set up yet. I just got the Internet working which is why I'm doing this now. Most of my stuff is in boxes. Tomorrow my mission is to unpack the kitchen...and after that I can learn how to cook.

My only complaint so far is that the old lady next door seems to be a bit deaf, so she puts her TV on blaring loud. I can hear it through the wall! I guess that's the cost of living in cool apartments that used to be factories. The floor and ceiling is solid, but the walls are like paper. Thankfully, that wall is the one in my living room and not in my bedroom, so I can sleep just fine.

A strange side effect of this move is that I'm super organized about things which usually don't require any organization. For instance, I've already laid out my clothes for tomorrow morning. I haven't done that since I was five!

Alas, my body is still aching, so I'm going to slip into the bath and take a long soak. Zuri out.

No comments:

Post a Comment